Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Your life's gonna change.


I told Ben the other day I think it is funny when you have your first baby everyone keeps telling you "your life's gonna change...." and they always say it in a really annoying voice. I always felt like responding like "Yeah you moron we are having a baby". Well for me it didn't feel like such a huge change I just had this little thing I took everywhere with me that pretty much slept all day. So you have this little person entertaining you (or annoying) all the time for five years then all the sudden they go off to school. Dude now my life has really changed. I kinda feel old I have kids in school that is weird.

As expected Shelby LOVES school. I asked her the other day what her favorite part of school is and she said "riding the bus". I should have guessed. Her bus comes at 12 o'clock so everyday she goes out and starts waiting around 11 then I have to bribe her to come back in for a little while longer. I am glad she finds joy in the simple things.

3 comments:

Loni said...

Cute pic! I'm glad that Shelby is enjoying school, particularly the bus ride :) I'm also glad that you're blogging again!

Jennilynn and Jeff said...

I hope she still feels that way next year. It is very bittersweet having them in school. The other day Joelle came home threatening to punch Addie in the face.

Erica Bazil said...

Oh, it was so good "hearing from you" via blog. :) I found this month a little bitter sweet as my son Cash went to Pre-School. I'm so excited for a little one on one time with my little girl but truthfully it was kind of hard to see him go. We're all always together. Maybe this is just breaking me in for the real kicker Kindergarten.

I was just thinking the other day that the parenting class has probably started up again or will be soon. Now with Cash in school it will be a bit harder to get away and attend (since it's further away) again but I hope to make it work again eventually. I loved it.

Take care!