Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Maybe journal writing is more then what it cracks up to be

Yesterday I was feeling pretty down. So I pulled out my scriptures and started reading hoping I would be inspired and all of my bad feelings would quickly disappear like had happened on so many other occasions. Last night it was not the case after about 10 min of trying to read I decided to put my book down and get out my old journal that I have not written in for about 2 and a half years. The first thing I pulled out was a letter that I wrote to Ben a few year ago after reading the book "The Message" for anyone who has not read this book before I will tell you it is one of the most amazing and inspiring books that I have ever read. I read the letter I wrote Ben and then a letter that he wrote back to me, afterwards I read back through old journal entries about when we were dating, first married and after Shelby was born. I read about all of the cute things she did. I had one entry about buying Shelby her first tea set and told about how she played in her room for about an hour with the set then came out and sat on the couch with me a little later I had gone gone to her room and had expected to find a mess and instead found she had set her little table with plates, cups and spoons.
Reading through the old journal entries really lifted my spirits and made me realize how important the little things are and how lucky I am to have my little family.
So I guess I should get back into journal writing again and hope that I stick with it this time.

No comments: