Sunday, November 9, 2008

Six l-o-n-g years JK!

So today is Ben and I's six year anniversary and I can't believe how quickly it has gone by.
It is amazing to look back over the last six years and see how far we have come, so I am going to summarize our lives together thus far. What fun!
Ok so Ben and I got married in Idaho Falls, November, 9,2002. We went on a cruise for our honeymoon to Catalina Islands and Ensanada, Mexico then (my favorite part) we went to Disney Land. I had never been and was the most excited about that. After our honeymoon we came to my new home in Boise. Ben's previous bachelor pad that need a lot of TLC. I got a job working at Great Clips where I screwed up probably half the people in Boise's hair (wow you really have a lot to learn after Beauty School) Our first year was a little rough. I was home sick a lot since I had always been close to my family. Ben's brother also passed away 5 months after we were married, and of course we had to get use to each others annoying habits like leaving the toilet seat up (Ben) or always stuffing everything in the drawers (me).
November 15, 2003 Ben and I were sealed in the Boise Temple, that day was even better then our wedding. Ben was even able to go through the temple for his brother.
April of 2004 we found out that we were going to be having our first baby. I was ecstatic, I always talked to her in my belly and called her girlfriend. Shelby was born December 14, 2004 just in time for Christmas.
I think it was in May of 2004 we purchased a new home, a total fixer upper seriously you have no idea I will post pictures sometime. After a year of remodeling we finally moved into our new house July 3rd 2006 and we had our second baby December of 2006 once again just in time for Christmas.
Since then we have still been working on remodeling our home and hope to finish Toby's bedroom in the next few weeks, we are pretty much going to be waiting on carpet.
Ok that is a really long history but those are the highlights.
I love you Ben! You are my best friend (although Shelby thinks she is) I am usually so happy that I get to spend the rest of my life with you! Here is to the next 6 years, They should be exciting.

7 comments:

Andersons said...

I love that last part..."I am USUALLY so happy to spend the rest of my life with you..."

Well spoken. :-)

Jessica Kuhn said...

Happy anniversary!

Kristin said...

Yay! Congratulations guys!

~Four Tully's~ said...

Congrats to you guys, you are a very cute couple and have a great family!

Malissa said...

Ditto to what Jensa said :-)
Happy Anniversary!

Malissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lrbodine said...

So I want to know how you two met! I'm a little behind here but this is why I love blogs - I get to catch up and learn all about my cousins!