Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree



I have always loved my Christmas tree. I started making ornaments when I was a kid so I have made most of the ornaments on my tree, I have always been very particular about the way it looks and where the ornaments are placed... but people I am here to say "I GIVE UP!!!" Having a two year old boy and a Christmas tree may just be the point where I need to let go. So I let the kids help me arrange the tree and even though they constantly take the ornament off and replace them all on the same branch I have decided to give in and love our tree for what is now is, the tree of a two and four year old no longer my master piece.
So Toby and Shelby now get to hang all of their own master pieces on the tree like like paper plates painted in green and red that the paints have been mixed until it turned a lovely color of brown and of course their new ornaments they bought for this year because I am to lazy to make them one. Toby picked out a car OF COURSE and Shelby got a blue Cinderella doll.
I am liking the new look our tree is taking on now it is a family tree now with memories and love. Awww that was sweet.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That is so cute! I'm one of those that needs to let go to! I get very particular about my christmas decoration placement. But, I am definitely learning :) It looks like your kids are having a blast!